I thought I’d just link you all to two videos, they’re both really short and interesting!
And here are 5 interesting factoids learned elsewhere about living in space:
- Water clings to you in space, not just itself. For some reason I didn’t realize just how much. See: crying in space & wringing out a washcloth.
- Writing a space western? Might want to learn how to play a guitar in zero G. Gravity affects more than we realize!
- Along with that, the space station is both bigger and smaller than I realized. See for yourself.
- Sauces/water are wonderful in space. They make your food stick to your utensils! Also, bread crumbles so use tortillas as a substitute.
- If you want to keep something with you, like a notepad–strap it to your leg! Velcro is your friend.