This year I
- Went through a full submission process for my novella Queen of the Eight Banners, then decided to use the novella to keep experimenting with publication formats. Hello, Wattpad.
- Wrote a novelette, got it read/critiqued, but haven’t managed to come back to it yet, for reasons further explained below.
- Wrote a short story and a scene snippet set in a world am developing, though neither particularly stand alone.
- Decided to stop submitting stories to publication venues and focus on playing in a rejection-free sandbox instead.
- Launched my fairy tale & folktale translation website in July.
- Annnnd… also in July I became a full-time primary caretaker and my writing, alpha-reading, &c. pretty much came to a screeching halt. However, I am still managing small monthly updates on my translation website.
- Caved and got a tumblr page so I can keep track of my favorite artists (after Google dropped their RSS Reader) and also to support my translation website.
- Started a Patreon fundraising page to support my fairy tale & folktale translation website, and we hit the milestone goal that makes having the patreon worth it–with only two patrons, which surprised me.
In other words, 2014 has been a year full of transitions. We’ll see what 2015 brings.